Go to content

Thirimont

Description

Thirimont was mentioned in official documents for the first time in 1188. After a member of the community had lost his life in a snowstorm on the way back from mass in Weismes in 1769, the inhabitants of Thirimont were given permission in 1771 to build a chapel, which was consecrated to St. Gangulphe. During the Battle of the Bulge from 16 December 1944 to 16 January 1945, the village was the scene of severe fighting. The museum Baugnez 44, not far from Thirimont, has devoted itself to those events.

Gallery

Contact details

Thirimont
4750 Thirimont