Go to content

Chapel of St. Helena

Description

In 1722, Renard David, the former mayor, adviser to the prince abbot and councillor of the tribunal, had the St. Helena Hospice built. It consists of two terraced houses, in which the elderly ladies of the town could spend the evening of their life in peace and quiet. The chapel that went with it, a work by David's son, was opened on 18 August 1755. Today, the former chapel is used as a mortuary. What was originally the hospice is home to the 'Centre de Postcure des Hautes Fagnes', a home for patients with psychosocial illnesses.

Gallery

Contact details

Chapel of St. Helena
Place de Rome
4960 Malmedy