Go to content

Amel: An ensemble of church, market cross and Antoniushäuschen

Description

This ensemble of church, market cross and Antoniushäuschen is important in art history terms. It is regarded as the oldest extant part of the village, which was mentioned in an official document as early as 670. The church spire dates from 1541. The Antoniushäuschen is in essence a former Gothic chapel dating from the 14th to 15th century. With the market cross dating from 1722, Amel drew attention to its market freedom and market peace.

Gallery

Contact details

Amel: An ensemble of church, market cross and Antoniushäuschen
Kirchweg
4770 Amel