Go to content



The seven footfalls, which originally stood at the cemetery and then from 1938 to 1995 were in the immediate vicinity of the Lourdes grotto, were moved to the present location below the Calvary behind the rectory in 1995. They form a shortened Way of the Cross. The name was given to this form of worship because the worshippers knelt down at each of the seven memorial stations and prayed. The walk to the footfalls was a custom when someone was dying. Traditionally seven virgins or seven children from the neighbourhood would pray for a happy hour of death for the person dying.


Contact details

Bleialfer Str.
4780 Schönberg