Deidenberg

Description

This village was mentioned for the first time in 1455 as 'Lehen Diedenberh' in a letter from Count Johann of Nassau to Johann von Hersdorf. The old chapel, dating from 1707, proved too small in time, and in 1949, the decision was made to build a new church. To plans by the architect Georges Lambeau, the church was erected in just two years using stones from the neighbouring quarries in Ondenval.

 

In the interior, apart from St. Germanius and St. Isidore with the ox, there are two wooden figures from the old chapel. Another unusual feature is the so-called campanile, a bell tower which stands aside from the chapel itself.

Gallery

Contact details

Deidenberg
4770